Recently, we used our new high availability architecture in operation. Based on a new Web server cluster, and a new database server, in combination with a load balancer, we can now offer the product Clearweb. Your databases has been already converted to the new server. Their websites becomes more noticeably faster.
To take advantage of even more speed, you can simply change your DNS entries in the panel under https://cloud.tecnostore-cloud.com from 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199.
A step by step guide can be found here:
The technology behind
The use of a reverse proxy with a load balancer, in combination with MySQL proxy, allows us to offer you high performance and availability.
the schema of the new infrastructure Clearweb
DasDEX, the Encrypted File Transfer DAS is available in a new version. DasDEX with 12.10 are some interesting new features and improvements introduced:
- Decryption-Key by SMS: Download file using key sent on mobile via SMS.
- Better overview during Upload: The new uploader will give you an overview of the progress, and the amount of data uploaded.
- Attached personal message and subject during file transfer: When you send the download link with a personal message, you can specify your own subject.
- Company Login: Add more e-mail addresses to your account, and manage your uploads / downloads.
Under the hood a lot has improved: DasDEX 12.10 is now fully implemented in CakePHP framework, and follows an MVC architecture. This increases the quality of software.
More on DasDEX http://www.dasprivacy.com
When writing tickets for a task to achieve in development or marketing, the results are far better when the ticket is complete and doesnt need a lot of research.
There are tickets for many purposes, support, bugs, requirements, and tasks are just a few of them. This article focuses on requirements and tasks.
For a ticket management to work perfectly it needs to be integrated into the documentation system and revision control. At Tecnostore Group we use the Trac wiki and issue tracking system to achieve this.
The perfect use of such a system eliminates any other flow of information in the development process. Reading a ticket should give the developers and marketing people all the informations needed for the product development.
Defining the requirement
- What should be implemented: A clear specification of the required functionality / output.
- Who is the initiator of the idea: For questions and clarifications, also to notify about changes.
- How should it be implemented: Detailed technical information (e.g. The Ticket “Design splash screen” should contain the desired file format and size)
- The proper estimated task duration should be between 4 and 16 hours (0.5 to 2 work days)
Analysis / Triage
- When should it be closed: The target milestone / version
- How should it be implemented: Detailed technical information (e.g. a Ticket “Design an archive file catalog” could contain the information “Inherit from FileBaseCatalog and write method addToArchive() )
- A more accurate time estimate.
- Tickets that are less work than four hours should be merged with related ones. Our Ticket management system knows the resolution “merged” for this.
- What was done, a small comment on closing at least.
- If there was source created it should also be documented by comments.
- If there were files created that are to be checked into revision control, the log comment has to be linked to the ticket.
At Tecnostore Group we always look forward to embrace new technologies. At the moment we’re working on version 10.06 of our DAS archiving products. For the first time ever, they feature an RSS reader consuming streams from this blog.
With this technology our customers stay informed without having to browse our homepages themselves or getting a lot of e-mails. It also enables us to communicate available updates, tipps for the products and more important information in an instant.
Technically the feed distribution is done using .net without any external libraries. Only dependencies used are the System.Xml classes and the Controls library. The components implemented are a GUI-Control to display the feed, one to display single feed items, and an RssConsumer class.
All this components will be released to the public in september as a part of the CodeFrame, an easy to use lightweight .net application development framework.
Over the last three months, we introduced a new corporate design. Also we introduce a new communication and information management platform – our corporate blog.
The blog is built with WordPress. All new articles are deployed to our company and product homepages. This happens using RSS-feeds and content syndication technology.
So, while the corporate blog will contain all the articles, the product and company homepages stay simple.
In the future, you will also meet guest bloggers on our corporate blog.
This podcast gives you a short and proper introduction to the first steps in the cloud using elasticfox:
What is cloud computing? The basic idea is to have an abstracted model to separate physical IT infrastructure from logical IT infrastructure. Think about the OSI-Layer model and map it to the various infrastructure sets. (e.g. A customer is interested in the availability of a service. He doesnt care about the availability of the exact physical system.) This is called “Infrastructure as a service” short: IaaS
There are other aspects in cloud computing, which provide PaaS (Platform as a Service, e.g. Hosting) or SaaS (Software as a Service, e.g. Salesforce). Since EC2 allows logical
Since EC2 envirements allow a massive scaling of logical infrastructure, often the term “elastic” is used to describe parts of this technology.
EC2 compatible solutions (e.g. Eucalyptus and UEC) provide IaaS Services. The logical it is split into several components:
- A Cloud Controller: The frontend coordinating everything. It’s accessed by an API, on the client side there are the ec2 tools on the shell or plugins like elasticfox for firefox.
- A Storage Controller: This unit provides all the storage for the cloud. The storage comes in form of S3 which is also accessible over the web by API tools. It stores files as “Objects” in a “Bucket” objects can be made into “Bundles” by adding a prefix in front of their name. Another form of storage provided is EBS (Elastic Block Storage), which are partition images on the Storage controller, accessible by virtual instances (see below).
- A Cluster Controller (Eucalyptus term, Amazon refers to clusters as “regions”): This unit controls the physical hardware and network configuration in the cluster.
- Cloud Nodes: The physical servers running the cloud infrastructure.
The logical infrastructure built in the cloud consists of virtual servers, the so called instances. Instances are stored in form of templates. Every instance launched is started from the template, and looses all changes on termination. So specific configurations and data have to be stored in S3 or EBS. This seems a weird paradigm change at first, but makes perfectly sence, once you look at the migration paths available: Any kind of instance can be upgraded by upgrading and testing the template and then relaunching the instances. This massively reduces migration and administration cost, and makes this tasks just… elastic!
2 in 1: By teaming more than one physical network ports can be grouped together in a logical port. Thus can be realized higher availability and more bandwidth.
Here are the details for NIC bonding explains.
That was the title of the ninth CAOS Report. Frightening at first glance, the study considers it but found that OSS is a process in software development. This in turn is known, but what is behind it?
Open Source Business-Model: Aptana Cloud
This service provides SVN hosting, debugging, etc for PHP developers. Those who work with the Aptana PHP IDE can, there hosting its source and its applications. The service costs $ 0.04 per hour. So U.S. $ 350.40 per year. Compared with 3-year-old Zend license (€ 717th -, ~ CHF 1000 -.) + with 3 years PHP Hosting SSH (SVN soon available),Aptana costs so much alike. (for $ 350.40, there is a 5 GB Space, 10 GB for $ 876th -, 15 GB for $ 1,664.40, 25 GB for $ 3241.20 a year).
That anyone can download the IDE for free, makes nothing of it:
- Aptana is based on Eclipse. OSS should have lowered the development costs significantly.
- Users to verify their licenses eliminated, saving lawyers and lobbying costs.
- The free distribution of interest is marketing, the advertising budget should be deeper.
Aptana is the best example that open source is not a business model, but many attractive business models allows only.
John A. Sas by Swiss Nexell vtiger CRM specialist demonstrated at the Open Expo 2008 in Bern. He explains the vtiger project, the integration options and provides valuable arguments for discussions with customers.